Student Behavior Policy
Fostering respect for individuals, for the arts, and for education is the foundation upon which expectations of student behavior are based. Because most students are responsible and focused in their artistic pursuits, BAAY does not emphasize rules at the expense of learning and creativity. But we do ask that students and parents, at the beginning of each course, read and adhere to the Student Behavior Policy. The following policies are enforced to ensure that everyone is safe and free to learn and explore and create:
1. ZERO TOLERANCE. BAAY follows a zero tolerance policy on behaviors and actions that have the potential to inflict bodily injury or create an unsafe environment. Automatic suspensions will be given for these types of infractions. BAAY will take into consideration the age and the developmental level of students when making determination as to the type and intensity of the consequences.
2. Acts of violence, real or threatened; harassment or intimidation of any member of the school community will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion with no refund of fees.
3. Vandalism against and theft of property and possessions of the school or other students will not be tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion with no refund of fees.
4. BAAY students may not leave the campus without written parental permission and the consent of the lead instructor. Students found off campus are subject to expulsion with no refund of fees or other disciplinary measures.
5. Appropriate behavior and dress are expected at all times.
6. BAAY students often have down time during and are encouraged to bring homework or other quiet activities to work on such as books and games. All material must be appropriate. Bringing inappropriate materials to BAAY may result in discipline or expulsion – please be sensitive to others in bringing materials to BAAY.