We offer a unique early learning opportunity to develop cognitive, emotional, social, and multi-sensory skills in an environment rich in the arts.
Our learner-centered, arts-infused curriculum draws from the Reggio Emilia philosophy, where teachers often work on projects with small groups of children, while the rest of the class engages in a wide variety of self-selected activities typical of preschool classrooms.
Our programs are designed especially for children ages 2.5 to 5 years old who are developmentally ready for social learning experiences outside the home.
We at BAAY Preschool believe...
Children who are involved in the arts:
- imagine, create, and express
- develop self-confidence and self-discipline
- think critically, solve problems, and make informed judgements
- work cooperatively in groups
- appreciate others' points of view
- are open to new pathways for learning all subjects
- interpret and reflect life
Art promotes hands-on, self-directed learning
Art engages children’s senses in open-ended play
Art experience develops specific skills: cognitive, emotional, social, and multi-sensory
Art enhances: verbal and visual creativity, eye-hand coordination.
Art builds spatial relations and visual literacy
Art promotes print and symbol awareness