Important Update for BAAY Families
Friday, March 27, 2020
I hope everyone is staying healthy and sane in this unprecedented time and finding ways to maintain balance. We miss you and can’t wait to see you again in person!
Thank you for your patience while BAAY has circled the proverbial wagons, looking at how we can best fulfill our mission during this moment in history. Here are our latest updates on how we are and will be enriching children's
lives and creating community during these challenging times.
Social distancing presents serious limitations to our operations. However, good actors know that limitations can be liberating, if you use them to your advantage. The show must go on.
As my mentor taught me, “Specificity Elicits Creativity…” Let’s get specific.
- We will continue online instruction for both Seussical and Fiddler on the Roof, as well as for both Senior and Junior Dance Companies. Expect continuing communication from Evan, Connie, Olivia, and Lisa as
to how we will engage with our young artists.
- For the above shows, as well as Pixies' Rainbow Goblins, all performances are postponed until further notice. Musical Theatre International is providing us with flexible show dates. I promise we will get these
booked as soon as we possibly can! I’d like to encourage us all to revel in the process of creating the show, and look forward to new performance dates.
- Right now, fulfilling our mission is about staying connected, thinking creatively, and exploring new ways of making art. We are committed to providing opportunities for children to develop confidence, character,
creativity, and community — skills that are more important than ever.
- Most Exciting Announcement: ONLINE OPPORTUNITIES (more to come)
- Lisa is leading the charge with a creative writing class! Join in the celebration of imagination at baay.org/green/imagine.
- Dana will offer online costuming classes, as well as NEW creative community activities:
- Monday and Wednesday at 2pm for Seussical (expanding soon)
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday crafting sessions! Schedule and topics are in development. Email Dana for more info.
- Enrichment activities will be shared through our emails and social media channels (Facebook & Instagram).
- Stay tuned for announcements about new offerings like:
- A monologue class with Ian that will segue into a Creation Lab style process to create a show.
- A theatre history class series with Carly.
- Creative movement modules for Pixie students.
- And summer planning is underway! The other side is close!
Now more than ever, BAAY needs your help to continue to be a viable organization in our community. We’ve been hit hard by this, just like our local business partners in Whatcom County.
We want to continue serving our students and our community. Please consider helping young artists with a financial gift at this time. You may donate online via PayPal at baay.org/donate or mail
us a check so that 100% of your donation goes to BAAY with no fees. If you aren't able to give money at this time, please click here to vote
for BAAY as your favorite local nonprofit!
We are here for you. We will do our best to keep our students engaged and our families regularly informed throughout the next few months. Do not hesitate to call or email me personally if you have concerns or questions. We
miss seeing all our delightful students in person, and we are finding new ways to cultivate their creative spirits until we are all back in the same physical space again.
BAAY Executive Director