Description: Shy teenager Eleanor has built a fantasy world around the sci-fi comic books she collects. To the distress of her mother, she has learned to avoid the pains of growing up by escaping into fantasy, imagining herself to be an unrecognized superhero. When she is mysteriously thrust into the Website World of her favorite comic book, Eleanor is drawn into the conflict between Shak Graa, Arch-Creep of Chaos, and the Starmites, guardian angels of Innerspace. She turns out to be the legendary Milady, teen superhero who must lead the Mites on their Quest to save the Galaxy.
“Starmites is an utterly charming musical… You do not need to be a science fiction buff to enjoy Starmites. The only prerequisite is that you be, or once were, young… Starmites is about how people discover self-confidence and build self-esteem. It is also about individuals discovering the center of their beings so they can grasp what is important and what is superficial. In short, Starmites is a living cartoon about growing up.” – The New York Sunday Times
Dates: September 10 – January 22. Meets twice per week on Tuesdays/Thursdays, 5:30-7:00 PM or 7:00-8:30 PM, plus one Saturday rehearsal (see schedules below).
Auditions: September 10 from 12:00-2:00 PM, and 11 from 12:00-3:00 PM.
(Note: Families’ cast preferences will be honored wherever possible. Please come to the audition with your rehearsal schedule preferences in mind. Students will be asked to share that information on their audition forms. Students should plan to come to both audition dates.)
- Weekly rehearsals: Tue/Thur from 5:30-7:00 PM
- Saturday rehearsal: October 8 from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tech Week: January 9-12, Mon-Thurs daily from 5:00-9:00 PM
- Performances: January 13 and 14 at 7:00 PM (call time at 5:00 PM), January 14 and 15 at 2:00 PM (call time at 12:00 PM)
- Weekly rehearsals: Tue/Thur from 7:00-8:30 PM
- Saturday rehearsal: October 15 from 3:00-8:00 PM
- Tech Week: January 16-19, Mon-Thurs daily from 5:00-9:00 PM
- Performances: January 20 and 21 at 7:00 PM (call time at 5:00 PM), December 21 and 22 at 2:00 PM (call time at 12:00 PM)
Format: In person, following public health guidelines.
Director: Erin Smith
Choreographer: Lisa Markowitz
Musical Director: Dylan Cisneros
(The registration button above will open a new window and take you to a registration and checkout form)